Wednesday 11 December 2013

Framed Work

Do you often frame your work?
Sometimes, I get a piece of patterned paper that is just too nice to be used on a LO and then stuck in an album. Certain papers need to be on display.
This was the case when I received this piece of die cut 12x12 by Pink Paislee in my Cocoa Daisy Dec Kit.

I did a whole blog post for Cocoa Daisy yesterday, show how some of the girls on the team used theirs. There were some really good ideas. You can see them all here.

So as I mentioned already, I used mine as a framed piece. It's a gift for my sister.
I took this old frame.

 
Sanded it down a little, washed it with gesso and added some red acrylic paint on the end of my finger and marked the frame with it here and there. 
You can see the distressed look of the frame here.
 
 
I've added photos of my sister's children, some ribbon and a stamp from the main kit along with a badge from an addon.
 
 
I really hope she likes it.
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by xxx
 

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great idea!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee this!!!!! Pinning!!!!

Lynnda said...

Brilliant ! This is beautiful! Perfect to frame! hugs...x